Search This Blog

Friday, October 23, 2020

Raymond's COVID Update: 10/23/20

 UPDATE: 10/23/2020 1:20

This is the message I sent our family text thread.
Raymond is being moved as we speak from the ER to the 3rd floor Covid unit.
Dr Maidana-Paz his PCP called me this morning. She had his today labs. His liver enzymes are elevated. There is fresh inflammation in the lungs. His 02 is 40, his saturation is 80. Those are very low and concerning to her. His labs on Wednesday did not show these results.

He is on his third day of dexamethasone a steroid. She’s not sure whether he will get redemsevir (sp?). But maybe. Mtn View told me to call in about an hour when he is settled in. Dr. Paz said she would call me again this afternoon. Raymond is one of her shining patients. One of her few 70 year olds not on meds. Until now.
Cory and I just FaceTimed with him. He is very alert this morning cognitively but still mostly dozing as he calls it. He texted Ernesto, our gardener, to fix a leaking sprinkler. When he is awake he seems to be checking to make sure bills are paid etc. He is very open and vulnerable in a good way.
I FaceTimed him earlier and after he finished his business talk and apologizing if he was curt with me yesterday, (roid rage?😀)I asked him if I could just sit with him. I encouraged him to rest and just be with me. He really liked that. He saw some beautiful things during our quiet time. White with heart butterflies. The colors turquoise and blue and he saw himself sitting in a native ceremonial circle.
He wants me to share everything. I am updating on FB for our extended family and friends. Many are holding healing, drumming, meditation and prayer circles.
I am also recording our conversations. We love you. Cory and I thank you. 🙏♥️💚💜🤍
MORNING UPDATE: I WANT to write you an update. I keep typing sentences then backspacing to delete. Raymond wants me to write you an update.i asked his permission to share his personal business with you. He says they need to know. We all need to know. Raymond was hospitalized early this morning. He started out yesterday with a great morning, as has been his pattern, and a not so great afternoon and night. He kept increasing his oxygen yet his saturation level kept dropping. Please continue to hold him in your hearts. I am so very humbled by your love.
P.S. Cory and I are still waiting on our test results. NM is slammed right now with testing.
P.P.S. I LOVE this picture of Ray doing one of his favorite things, listening to music through his headphones, playing air guitar and singing.By the way he is strumming that guitar I think it’s a country song.

No comments:

Post a Comment