Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2020

VISION


I’d like to share a little bit about the art piece that accompanied my first blog posting. I guess it’s now associated with Birthing the Light. For me, when I created it over 20 years ago, it represented my Universe. The faces are casts of me, my husband and my son. I now know what I could not know when we first came together, first as a couple and then as a family, but which I learned after Cory‘s birth. What I learned is that we had come together to help each other remember the Light of Love from whence we came and to which we shall return once this earth walk is over. We came to be cheerleaders for each other. We came to remind each other of the great souls we are regardless of what our vehicle represented to us and to others. We came to represent the shining examples of Love we are at our core in spite of any wounds we carried or trauma we had endured.

This particular piece hangs over our television in the living room of our home. A family portrait if you will. I find it interesting that it hangs over something that has such power to move us, sway us, upset us. A television, if we are not careful, becomes our “tell-a-vision.” I like that above that hangs a symbol of my true vision for this life. It is a constant reminder of my priorities, my devotion to the Divine, my family, my Universe.

I recently took a month off of social media and “tell-a-vision” to give myself a break from all the negativity I was absorbing from the divisiveness that is our political and spiritual discourse. And I came to the realization that the tool is not the problem. It’s what I tune into that determines my experience. So Spirit whispered in my ear, once the chaos had calmed, that these tools could be used to send messages of hope and love and remembrance. It reminded me that I could create and hold a space through my social media that honors all people, all religions, all genders, all abilities.

I have always considered myself a cheerleader for others. I’m usually in the background encouraging people to remember who they are and to step into their power. That is my intention for this blog; to be a cheerleader not just for you but for myself as well. My work as a healer, specializing in processing trauma from the body, was to create a safe space for my clients to access and heal their trauma. I pray this becomes a safe space and that we learn to create that and spread that! Just as hate and vitriol can spread so can love, acceptance and tolerance. This is the ground I wish to stand on. This is my vision.

Vision seems to be the buzzword for 2020. I’m seeing it everywhere. My niece gave me an amazing gift for Christmas of a ticket to Oprah’s VisionTour2020. An experience I will cherish because I will be going with her, my niece and a dear friend. I realize now that whatever ups and downs I’ve experienced, wherever the wind blows me and mine, my vision has held steady right above my television overriding anything I might see, hear or be absorbing from the boob tube. My Birthing the Light Universe Mask waits quietly and patiently as does my inner voice for me to remember...O yea! I am the Light of Love made manifest in human form. I choose to be the best representative of the Divine I can be while in this perfectly imperfect body. And so it is.

2 comments: